Monday, May 26, 2008

Keeping in Touch is so Special!


My friend, Mary Helen, lives in Long Beach, California and I still keep in touch with her on a weekly basis. Since our parents are friends we have grown up together. While I have lost contact with many other close childhood friends who are off living their lives and haven't figured out how to keep in touch via email, text or phone calls, Mary Helen and I have made it work. My latest encounter with Mary Helen was by an incredible coincidence on May 18Th when I just happened to see Mary Helen, daughter, Lila and husband, Erik in Bolivar, MO. (See the picture of our meeting at right. Sharon, Ethan, Mary Helen and Lila.) Mary Helen is making plans to meet me in San Francisco, CA at the Nike Women's Marathon. Her trip to see me will be yet another motivation to succeed with my 1/2 marathon training and finish the race.

No comments: