Wednesday, June 4, 2008

We will miss Grandma but the family lives through the children




Willa Jean Long (September 1, 1920 - June 1, 2008)
Willa Jean Long, age 87, of Bolivar, Missouri passed away at 7:50am, Sunday, June 1, 2008 at her home after a time of declining health.
She was known by many names...Willa Jean, Mrs. Long, Mother, Mimi, Maw Maw, Grandma Long but no matter what she was called she was always there with a sweet smile, pretty outfit, creative jewelry, delicous meal or a witty story about Grandpa, her 4 children, her 11 grandchildren or one of her 20 great-grandchildren. See picture of Sharon with Grandma Long in Jan. 2008 and see picture of Kyndall Payton who is Great-Grandchild number 20. God Blessed us with wonderful role models in Grandpa Paul and Grandma Willa Jean. I challenge the next generations of the Long's to carry on their shining examples of love and family.

2 comments:

Lynn Ward :) said...

I was so sorry to hear about your Grandma...hope you and your family are doing ok...I will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers during this difficult time!! Let me know if you need anything!! Miss you!

Lynn :)

rickyWEBB said...

Sharon,

It is hard to believe I will never visit Grandma's house again. It was the hub for me to see all of the rest of my Aunts/Uncles and cousins. She was a hard-working, loving, faithful, woman and I will continue to try to make her proud. You have a great site. Thank you for inviting me to stay in touch. Love to you and your family,

Ricky